CYSD has been recognized as the Nodal Training Institute (NTI) by MANAGE, Hyderabad to roll out the Agri-Clinic and Agri-business Centre (ACABC) scheme in Odisha. This scheme aims at creating gainful self employment opportunity for agriculture graduates, agriculture diploma holders, intermediates in agriculture and biological science graduates with post graduation in agri-related courses. It also supports agriculture development by creating income generating avenues in agribusiness for the trainees.
- Two months capacity building programme on agri-entrepreneurship
- Hands-on experience of successful agri-entrepreneurship
- Hand-hold support for preparation of detailed project report and establishment and sustaining of agri-entrepreneurship
- Facilitation for credit support
- Scope for personality enhancement
Background of ACABC Training Programmes:
The Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, in association with NABARD has launched a unique scheme called Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business Centres (ACABC) to tap the expertise available in the large pool of Agricultural graduates and diploma holders in agriculture to train, enable and eventually empower them to set up their own clinics and business and offer professional extension services to innumerable farmers. The ACABC training programme consist of class room lectures, exposure visits, hands-on experience, preparation of detailed project reports and their submission to banks for availing loan to start agri enterprises for self employment. Self employment could be achieved through (i) setting up of Agri-Clinics to provide expert advice to farmers on various aspects like soil health, cropping practices, plant protection, crop insurance, post harvest technology, feed and fodder management etc or (ii) starting Agri-Businesses such as maintenance and custom hiring of farm equipments, sale of agro inputs, value addition activities, livestock enterprises etc.
To promote financing of self employment by the trained candidates, the financial institutes are motivated by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to advance loans to the trained candidates for starting agribusiness enterprises, depending on the feasibility of the project. NABARD provides 100 percent refinance to the lending institutes. The Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Government of India, extends subsidy through NABARD to the borrowers under ACABC.
CYSD is starting the second batch of training programme in Bhubaneswar, Odisha in the month of May, 2016. The eligible candidates desirous of starting agribusiness venture after the training are encouraged to apply for the programme.
Eligibility Criteria for the Candidates:
The Training Programme is open to the following categories of candidates:
- Graduates in agriculture and allied subjects from SAUs/ Central Agricultural Universities/ Universities recognized by ICAR/ UGC. Degree in Agriculture and allied subjects offered by other agencies are also considered subject to approval of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Government of India on recommendation of the State Government.
- Diploma holders (with at least 50% marks)/ Post Graduate Diploma holders in Agriculture and allied subjects from State Agricultural Universities, State Agriculture and Allied Departments and State Department of Technical Education. Diploma in Agriculture and allied subjects offered by other agencies are also considered subject to approval of Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Government of India on recommendation of the State Government.
- Biological Science Graduates with Post Graduation in Agriculture & allied subjects.
- Degree courses recognized by UGC having more than 60 percent of the course content in Agriculture and allied subjects.
- Diploma/Post-graduate Diploma courses with more than 60 percent of course content in Agriculture and allied subjects, after B.Sc. with Biological Sciences, from recognized colleges and universities.
- Agriculture related courses at Intermediate (i.e. plus two) level, with at least 55% marks
Age Limit: No Age Limit
How to Apply
To apply for ACABC Scheme, interested candidates are requested to visit CYSD Website www.cysd.org to download the application form or you can mail your resume on (email@example.com). The filled in Application Form can be sent by post to the following address by 30th April’2016, the application received after this date will not be entertained.
Address for correspondence:
Center for Youth & Social Devlopment (CYSD)
E-1 Institutional Area,
Gangadhar Meher Marg,
Po- RRL, Bhubaneswar – 751 013
Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- is to be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of MANAGE payable at Hyderabad. The DD should be handed over at the time of registration.
Selection Procedure: Scrutiny of applications and the selection of the candidates through interview will be done by the committee constituted as per the guidelines of MANAGE. Candidates shall attend the interview at the Nodal Training Institute (NTI) CYSD, Bhubaneswar at their own cost.
Training Facilities and Handholding:
Duration of the training programme is 60 days. During this period, modest arrangements of food, accommodation, lectures, lecture materials, exposure visits and hands on experience will be provided to the selected candidates. However, the trainees have to bear the expenses of their travel to the NTI (CYSD, Bhubaneswar) for the training programme and back home.
During the later part of the training programme, trainees will be assisted to prepare detailed project reports (DPR) in the areas of agribusiness of their interest and submit them to banks for loan. For one year after the training, the NTI will pursue the submission of the DPR by the trainees to the banks, release of bank loan and setting up of agribusiness ventures.
Credit Linkage and Subsidy:
Assistance under the scheme would be purely credit linked and subject to sanction of the projects by banks based on economic viability and commercial considerations. The eligible financial institutions for the credit linkage of the trained candidates under the scheme are:
(i)Commercial Banks (ii) Regional Rural Banks (iii) State Cooperative Banks (iv) State Cooperative Agriculture and Rural Development Banks (v) Such other institutions eligible for refinance from NABARD. Extent of Subsidy: Composite back ended subsidy of 44% for women and SC/ST candidates and 36% in all other cases will be available.
Ceiling of Project Cost for Subsidy:
Ceiling of project cost for subsidy is Rs. 20 lakh for an individual project (Rs. 25 lakh in the case of extremely successful individual projects) and Rs. 100 lakh for a group project. However, the actual credit sanctioned by the bank for a venture established under the scheme could be higher depending on the financial viability and technical feasibility
Award of Certificates:
On successful completion of two months training program, the trainees shall be awarded certificates by MANAGE.
For any additional information relating to ACABC Scheme, please contact the following persons:
- Mr. Anurag Kumar Shukla, Program Executive (Coordinator) Contact No. 7854804694
- Mr. Jayadev Dakua, The Nodal Lead, Contact No. 9437028954
Download Application form